Thursday, January 15, 2015

UnTextbook

The UnTextbook is AMAZING!!!! I'm super excited to read these stories! I saw way more than four stories that I am interested in reading but, here are the first four that popped out at me.

Russian Folktales:
I am so excited to read these! I remember when I was in the 3rd grade I checked out a really cool fairytale book that had fairytales from different countries in it. I remember finding the Russian fairytales the most interesting. I also like that they include the undead. I think that it gives Russian fairytales an interesting flare.


Through the Looking-Glass:
In 5th grade, I read "Alice in Wonderland" but I never did get around to reading the sequel. I wrote a paper on Alice in my capstone class and I remember thinking that I wanted to add "Through the Looking-Glass" to my summer reading list. This is the perfect opportunity to read it now instead of waiting until the summer.


Celtic Fairy Tales:
When I hear Celtic, I automatically think of fairies! Fairies are a personal favorite of mine! One of my best friends is Scottish so I think it would be fun to read these stories together.


Jamaica Anansi Stories:
In elementary school, our class went on a field trip to the public library down the street from our school. One of the librarians gave us a tour and then told us stories about Anansi. They were very entertaining and I remember our class hanging on the every word eagerly waiting to see what Anansi was going to do next. The librarian only told us a few stories so I'm excited to read more about Anansi and his crazy antics.

I found this really cool picture of Anansi as a superhero! I chose this picture because I mean, it's a picture of Anansi as a superhero! Who couldn't pick this pic!


No comments:

Post a Comment