Thursday, February 12, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Persian Tales


 

I thought that this story was very cute. I’ve read many stories like this when I was younger. It reminded me of an episode of Animaniacs (I think that’s what it was) that had a plot that was like this story. The only difference between this story’s plot and the cartoon’s plot was that at the end if the episode, the character ended back at the place he began asking that person for something to trade. I found myself reading each part of the story faster and faster as it progressed.  Although it was a quick and simple read, it was also an enjoyable one.

 


I thought that the backstory of this story was very interesting. I wonder why the wives are told to hate their sister-in-laws. What if a wife really likes her husband’s sister and they actually get along. Do they have to pretend and act like they hate each other?

My favorite part of the story is when the wolf-aunt asks the brother how he would like to be eaten. He didn’t even try to fight her off; he just calmly accepted his fate. There is a line at the end of the story that says “if he had listened to his wife this would never have happened.” As I read this, I could definitely picture my mom or any other mom/wife saying this.

No comments:

Post a Comment