Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Reading Diary B: Twenty-Two Goblins


I really enjoyed this unit. The stories were a bit dramatic but that is what I liked about them. One thing I was curious about was the names of the characters. A lot of the names were not traditional names but instead descriptive words such as Passion, Beautiful, and Lovely. I wonder why the author of these stories decided to do that. Maybe the names were changed once the stories were translated into English.


This story was by far my favorite of the Twenty-Two Goblins unit. Even though I probably should have seen it coming, I was surprised when the smaller footprints belonged to the Queen and the larger footprints belonged to the Queen’s daughter. Although it made for a good plot twist, I still think that the King’s son should have married the princess and the King should have married the Queen despite their initial agreement about the King’s son marring the woman with the smaller footprints. The riddle was fun to try to figure out and I was a little disappointed when the King didn’t have an answer for the Goblin. I wish that they would have told us the answer instead of just leaving the riddle unsolved. I tried to solve the riddle myself but it was a hard one.

Princess=Prince’s stepmother/stepsister & Queen’s daughter/mother-in-law

King= Queen’s son-in-law/father-in-law & Prince’s father/step brother-in-law

Queen= King’s daughter-in-law/mother-in-law….

I got confused and gave up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment