Monday, February 9, 2015

Reading Diary: Twenty-Two Goblins


When I read the description of this unit, I knew that I had to read it. I love riddles, I am not the best at solving them but I like hearing them and then sharing them with others. I was also interested in reading about the Goblins in the story. When I think of goblins I think of creepy green creatures. The Goblins in this unit aren’t creepy creatures but supernatural creatures that inhabit dead bodies. When reading this chapter, I noticed that a lot of the stories are about men fighting over women. There seems to be a reoccurring theme of marriage in the units/stories we have been reading.

                This unit also had some very dramatic characters. In The Girl, Her Husband and Her Brother the characters very dramatically killed themselves without a second thought. In The Three Lovers the woman that the monk stayed with became very upset with her son because he would not stop crying. Instead of trying to soothe hi, she became angry and threw him into the fire (it escalated quickly). That part of the story really caught me off guard and I even reread it to make sure that is what really happened.

                So far, I am really enjoying this unit and I am excited to read the rest.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment