Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Reading Diary B: The Looking Glass (continued)

My Own Invention


When Alice mentioned Punch and Judy I got so excited. I just learned about the Mr. Punch puppet show a week ago while watching a Buzzfeed video. The video discussed the origins of different sayings and I learned that the saying “pleased as punch” is in reference to the Mr. Punch puppet show. It was such a great coincidence that I watched that video because it allowed me to understand the reference Alice was making comparing the knights and the puppet. Other than my excitement over the Mr. Punch reference, this story was not my favorite. I tried and tried but I could not get into this story. The first half of the story was great but this half did not capture much of my attention. The knights just were not as interesting as Tweedledee and Tweedledum.



No comments:

Post a Comment