Monday, March 2, 2015

Reading Review Week

Reading Review Week
 
 I really like the reading diaries. It helps to take notes about what I have read that week because I go back and look at them when I am deciding on what story I want to use for my storytelling post. I think that my favorite units so far have been the Twenty-Two Goblins unit and the Japanese Fairy Tales unit. I liked the Twenty-Two Goblins unit because it was fun to try to figure out the riddles and to see how the king in the story solved them. The Japanese Fairy Tales unit was fun to read because it was very dark compared to the other units. The reading diaries also helped me connect and remember some of the fairy tales that I read when I was younger. It surprised me how many fairy tale units had the same or similar stories to those that I read when I was younger (Anansi, Alice in Wonderland, Aesop Fables). The reading diaries have also helped with my storybook. Going back and looking at my notes has helped me see the things that I liked best about all of the readings and try to incorporate them in my storybook.
 
 
I chose this picture because of its mysterious look. When I think of fairy tales, I instantly think of enchanted forests. Forests are such great settings for stories because they can be beautiful and mystical or they can be dark and menacing but either way, they are magical and full of possibilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment