Monday, April 13, 2015

College Writing Review

College Writing Review


Throughout my college career, I have been exposed to many different forms of writing. I’ve wrote everything from standard run of the mill English papers to theatre reviews. As a Psychology major, the majority of the writing I have done is researched based. Research writing is very different from other forms of writing because it is all about the structure. This type of writing leaves very little room for creativity and is strictly about conveying information and new ideas. I have also written compare and contrast pieces and analytical pieces about different types of music. In my African Repercussions class, all of our tests were essay based and we had to write a paper analyzing lyrics to specific songs. Once again, these pieces were about conveying ideas and information.

My favorite things I have written are for this class and for my History of American Musical Theatre class. Both of these classes gave the writers creative freedom to write whatever it was that came flowing out of our minds. Although the reviews I wrote in my theatre class were about conveying information, it was less structured. We got to offer our opinions about different shows we watched in class and live at OU. Much like this class, my theatre class allowed each student to have their own voice and writing style. We may have all had the same opinions about the plays we watched but, each paper had a different feel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment