Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Reading Diary B: More English Fairy Tales(Continued)





I really liked that this story was actually a poem! There was a poem in one of the stories in Through the Looking Glass but, it was a poem within a story instead of just a stand-alone poem. It is funny how as soon as you start reading a poem you read it with a certain rhythm or flow. The poem started out quite sad and depressing. Those poor kids lost both of their parents at the same time and were forced to live with an uncle who pretended to be nice while actually plotting their deaths. As soon as I read that the parents were rich and were leaving their children with a large sum of money, I knew that the uncle was going to get greedy and try to get rid of the children and take the money. I’m glad that he got what he deserved at the end.



This poem was so much fun! I knew I was going to enjoy it as soon as I read the title. My favorite part of the poem is that every stanza ended with a variation of “o”(hey-o, fox-o, den-o). I think this poem would be a cool thing to read to kids(if you leave out the end about picking bones out of their teeth) because they would be able to participate by saying the “o” parts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment