Monday, April 13, 2015

Reading Diary A: Myth-Folklore Unit: Grimm (LibriVox)

Myth-Folklore Unit: Grimm (LibriVox)



I used to watch this show on HBO called “Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Every Child.” The show took different fairy tales and animated them and put a unique spin on them but still managed to stay true to the stories. One of the stories they did was The Frog Prince. The Princess and the Frog, the Disney remake of this story, is one of my favorite Disney princess movies but, it is quite different than the original story.




Once again, the HBO show I used to watch did this story as well. This version of Rapunzel is the one I knew before I saw the Disney remake, “Tangled.” The original version makes Rapunzel’s parents seem like bad people because they agreed to give up their daughter for a vegetable. I guess Disney wanted the audience to feel more empathetic towards Rapunzel’s family by making them royalty and by having Rapunzel kidnapped by Mother Gothel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment