Monday, April 6, 2015

Reading Diary A: More English Fairy Tales




The more and more I think about it, I do not think that I have ever actually read the story of The Pied Piper. I’ve heard of the story and I know the basics of the story but I have never read it. The most memorable reference of this tale for me is the version of the Piper in the Shrek movie. I always thought the Pied Piper was a bad guy who lured children to their doom. I had no idea that the only reason why he took the children of the town is because the mayor did not hold up hi end of the deal and refused to pay the Piper.  


When I read this title I had no idea that it was basically Goldie Locks and the Three Bears! I’ve never read or heard of another version of this story before but I found Scrapefoot to be adorable! Poor Scrapefoot. I didn’t think that the bears were actually going to throw him out of the window. Imagine if the bears in Goldie Lock’s version did that to her.




The only thing I have to say about this story is that the Woodman and his wife wasted a great opportunity. 



No comments:

Post a Comment